Hidden destinations to visit in Europe
Europe has a lot to offer to tourists, visitors, and explorers from around the world. The countries, cities, towns, and villages burst with varied cultures, cuisine, and lifestyles that attract a swarm of people around the year. While several places are traversed by people, there are innumerable cool and awesome places that are less visited by tourists.
Are you planning a trip to Europe? Where are you planning to head to? Is it to Switzerland, Italy, Edinburg, England, or any other famous tourist countries and cities? Or are you planning to go beyond the cliché places and explore the hidden treasures? In case, you want to visit the unexplore, here is a list of hidden destinations in Europe for you.
Matera is a historic an ancient city in southern Italy with several museums and ancient ruins. This UNESCO world heritage site is also known as cave-town as the city largely comprises of cave dwelling districts known as the Sassi. If you are in Italy and are interesting in exploring the remains of the past, you must visit Matera in the Basilicata region.
- Dine or spend a night in the cave dwellings
- Visit one or more museums
- Take a stroll around the city on foot to best explore it
Lauterbrunnen is a small village located in the the breathtaking valley in the snow-capped Alps. So needless to say, this village is enormously beautiful and stunning. In fact, this place has secluded meadows and valleys, around 72 waterfalls, and white peaks all around. It’s the perfect getaway for you.
- Enjoy the train journey to the highest railway station in Europe, Jungfraujoch station, at 3,454 meters above sea level
- Hike to various big and small hills and mountains
- Go on a mountain bike ride
- Try paragliding over the astonishing valleys
- Walk through several mountain trails
- Enjoy the waterfalls
Hof is a hidden treasure located in the southern part of Iceland, near the Jökulsárlón and Fjallsárlón Glacier beaches and lagoons. Visit the Hof and you will be wowed by the frozen blocks of ice floating on chilled, silver waters and see streaks of auroras in the sky, also known as Northern Lights.
- Visit Hofskirkja Church
- Explore the ice caves and magnificent glaciers
- Watch spectacular auroras
Chances are that you have never heard of Liechtenstein. Tucked between Switzerland and Austria, Liechtenstein is one of the smallest countries in the world and easily one of the most beautiful countries in Europe. In fact, it’s just a few hours away from Switzerland and Austria. All of you have to do is hop on a train and a few hours later, you’re in a new country. It is that close! This 160 square-kilometer country is known for picturesque scenery spread across.
- Take a stroll around its beautiful capital city – Vaduz
- Hike the Eschnerberg Trail
- Visit the Liechtenstein National Museum and Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein
- Enjoy winter sports in Malbun
Sibiu is one of the most marvelous cities in Romania. Experience a fusion of Romanian, German and Hungarian cultures. In fact, the local food is extremely influenced with a mix of varied cultures, which is why Sibiu is going to be the Gastronomic Capital of Europe in 2019. This not-so-explored European city can be easily explored by bicycle or on foot.
- Explore at least one museum and one church
- Obviously, try the local food
The hidden gem of Slovenia is consider to be the prettiest and cutest capital city in Europe. People often confuse Slovenia with Slovakia, hence, many don’t really know where the country is! Well, that makes Slovenia one of the least invaded countries in Europe. There are four main roads in Slovenia that form a cross across the country and this meeting cross is located in Ljubljana.
- Shop from the Central Market
- Walk around the Tivoli Park
- Walk or drive over the three bridges running over Ljubljana River
- Don’t miss out on the Ljubljana Castle
- Lake Bled, located on the outskirts of the city is a must visit in Europe in all the seasons
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
This German university city in southwest Germany is one of the world’s greenest cities. This is because the local government has restricted car traffic. The city on the edge of the Black forest has 250 miles of bike paths. Freiburg in Breisgau or Freiburg is filled with numerous recreational and leisure options such as bars and pubs, restaurants, spas, historic attractions, etc.
- Explore the city and visit everything that interests you. This city has it all!
- Take a cycling or bike trail in the Black Forest
A number of things have to be kept in mind while traveling to hidden destinations in Europe in order to enjoy the trip and make the most out of it. From packing smartly to making a bucket-list of places to visit, things to do, and stuffs to buy, the planning and preparation have a lot of things to do. Try to be more curious and do the research and preparation well.
By submit an application through our website you can get a loan. We will list out all the reliable legit money lenders that base on your needs. All of them have excellent money lender reviews for their services.
Any problem that you may have, you can message us here.